To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date.
A nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process, review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call at least 24 hours prior to the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 469-940-4030.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
For colonoscopy procedures please follow the prep instructions provided to you by your physician’s office.
For all other procedures: The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—including coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have a responsible adult drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.